It doesn't matter whether the person is 5 miles away or 5000.In Yahoo voice chat I am in Half duplex mode...I talk, you list, then you talk I listen. The Yahoo voice chat help page gave the following:
1. Click on the Windows "Start" button
2. Double-click on the "Multimedia" icon
3. Select the "Devices' tab page.
4. Expand the "Audio Devices" and select the appropriate sound card.
5. Then, click on the "Properties" button and configure your sound
card to use dual or full duplex mode.
6. Clicl "OK" until all the dialog boxes are closed.
The problem is with step #5.When I click on "Properies" all that comes up is the general tab.As you know, there is no choices on the general tabs.
I have gone on variuos sites and all that I can find is a description
of what half/full duplex is, I know what it is. The info I have got from the manufacturer sez I have a full duplex sound card, I cant find out how to verify this, or if I want to, change any options.
The same apply's to my modem. It is a Data/fax/voice modem,but how do you change any options. It also could have a half/full duplex option,but how do you get into these options to change them.
Most applications/programs, you have pages and pages of options that you can configure to suit your personal requirements.
Again, thanks for the help.
I live 70 miles north of London, Ontario, Canada and am a retired telephone emloyee.