Please forgive my ignorance, but I've never set up a network before...
Here's my problem. I have one computer with win98 and another with 98SE. Both computers have these network cards called "D-Link 32-bit Ethernet PCI Adapter"s. Both the network cards are set up right (but they're on different irq's. The normal 98's is on 11, and the 98SE's is on 12). Anyhow, they won't recognize eachother over the network. I have file and print sharing access enabled on both.
Ultimately, I want the normal 98 box to share it's internet connection with the 98SE one. But that comes later, right now I just wanna get 'em to see eachother!
Here's some info;
On the Normal 98 Computer, here's the protocols installed;
1. IPX/SPX-compatible protocol D-Link DE-528 Ethernet PCI Adapter
2. NetBEUI -> D-Link DE-528 Ethernet PCI Adapter
3. TCP/IP -> D-Link DE-528 Ethernet PCI Adapter
4. TCP/IP -> Dial-Up Adapter
5. Some TCP/IP PPPoE protocol thing for my DSL
6. a TCP/IP protocol for my DSL Network card.
7. TCP/IP TV data adapter (I think this is for my voodoo3 3500)
On the 98SE computer, I have these installed...
1. IPX/SPX-compatable protocol
I really don't know what to do. I was thinking about putting SE on the other computer (I don't really want to though). Also I suppose it is possible that my network cable is bad (doubt it though). If anyone has any suggestions, reply here or icq me at 15549573, or email me at PYates@playful.com.