please help I had to make a 50 ft patch cable to plug a PC onto my linksys router. I followed the chart for making a straight thru cable and check the cable with a patch tester it was fine. plugged it in and got nothing. After about an hour i got the pc up on the network by changing the nic to half duplex and 10MB. i would like it to work at 100MB full duplex so i changed the NIC, same problem. so i changed to cable still the same thing. Im at wits end please help.
1. RE: Patch cable help robert03 Oct-16-00 01:47 AM In response to message 0
are u trying to connect your network to the internet through the linksys router, if u are then it depends on the speed you are gettting from the isp, e.g if u are using cable then you are getting data at 300kbs or so, that should affect your network performance
2. RE: Patch cable help Testy Oct-16-00 10:45 AM In response to message 1
I can get the PC on my network but this one PC will only connect at 10MB half dulpex all the other 6 PC connect to the router at 100MB full.IN all honest 10MB is fine I just cant figure out why it wont connect to the router with a 100MB connection ?
3. RE: Patch cable help lbyard Oct-16-00 03:40 PM In response to message 2
LAST EDITED ON Oct-16-00 AT 03:40 PM (GMT)
Try a network adapter from another one of the computers. Larry
4. RE: Patch cable help Testy Oct-16-00 06:23 PM In response to message 3
I've tried 3 computers, and the only type of NIC card i can get to connect is a 3com 905b. I did just notice that when i cut the rj45 connectors i didnt follow wiring standards. but the connectors are the same on both ends. Will that matter ??
5. RE: Patch cable help lbyard Oct-16-00 07:12 PM In response to message 4