The choices are from the best to the worse:
1. Buy a combination router/switch to replace the hub and share the Internet. Better becaue it is th only thing that has to be on besides the computers using it to access the Internet.
2. Buy just a router and a cable to share the Internet and plug it into the MODEM and into the uplink port on the hub. A little cheaper, but two things have to stay on and the system is more complex.
3. Buy second network adapter for the 2K computer and use Windows 2K ICS to share the Internet (better because it costs less than SyGate).
4. Buy a third party piece of software, such as the latest version of SyGate (http://sybergen.com/, which only needs one network adapter (I have not tried that version of the software).
5. Use free software to share the Internet with one adapter, if you can find it. You usually get what you pay for.
6. Pay a monthly fee to your ISP for two static IP addresses.
I would buy the router/switch, and I do not have much money. It is well worth the money (about $100). You do have to have a computer on all of the time to share the Internet.