| » » » » PRINTER PROBLEMS ON SMALL LAN|
BILKO1 Dec-15-00 11:11 AM
I've just set up 2 pcs on a lan using the guides on this site using 2 nics and xover cable.The problem i've got is that the client will not print.I installed the printer using the wizard on the client and driver files were copied from the server but when the client tried to print a test page the error message lost comms with printer appeared.The network is working fine for ics and file sharing both pcs are on win 98se i'm using tcp/ip protocols.The printer is hp720c drivers version 10.3 the printer works fine on the server.Also when i turn on the client now a message can not find file hpfsched appears something to do with win.ini any ideas on what i've done wrong thanks in advance BILKO
1. Installing an HP DeskJet 720C ,820C, 1000C on a Windows Network
lbyard Dec-15-00 03:58 PM
In response to message 0
I would first try to uninstall and reinstall the printer. If that doesn’t work, use the alternate install for the case where the files do not copy from computer A (the one with the printer) as follows:
‘Alternate Setup for Computer B
1. Install the HP DeskJet 720C printer driver locally to LPT1 by following the instructions in the User's Guide.
2. After the local installation is complete, select Start, Settings, and Printers.
3. Right-click the HP DeskJet 720C printer and select Properties.
4. Select the Details tab and select Add Port.
5. Select Network, Browse, and then select computer A's network name from the list of networked computers. See Step 2a above for the network name.
6. Select the name of the shared printer. See Step 2k above. For example, select HP DJ720C, OK, and OK again to accept the network port.
7. Select Apply, select OK on the Properties window, and close the Printers window.
8. Print a document from computer B to the shared HP DeskJet 820C or 1000C series printer.’
If that doesn’t work, please click Start, Settings, Printers, right click the printer, Details, and post all of the settings, including the port and spool settings. Larry
2. RE: Installing an HP DeskJet 720C ,820C, 1000C on a Windows Network
BILKO1 Dec-15-00 08:38 PM
In response to message 1
Thank you larry it's working fine now, i don't suppose you know if i can share the scanner as well it's already connected to the printer through the parallel cable. If so is it just a case of installing the drivers in the client computer. PAUL
3. RE: Installing an HP DeskJet 720C ,820C, 1000C on a Windows Network
lbyard Dec-15-00 08:47 PM
In response to message 2
I doubt it can be done. However, some scanners (Microtech?)come with software for sharing them. Larry
4. RE: Installing an HP DeskJet 720C ,820C, 1000C on a Windows Network
BILKO1 Dec-15-00 09:15 PM
In response to message 3
Ok thanks larry i'll try but won't hold my breath thanks for your help....PAUL
Guides | How to |
Online Store |
Forums | Forum
| Links |
News | Newsletter |
About Dux |
Advertising | Contact Info |