I have a freind who recently got a cable modem. When she goes to outlook express it tries to bring up a blank dial up connection. she exits out of that then a error occurs and it shuts down. We have installed the new internet expolrer update from microsoft.com and still the same error. Their are no dial up connections configured on the system. eppie
1. RE: Outlook Express Error lbyard May-14-01 03:00 PM In response to message 0
I am afraid I don't understand the problem. Why is she trying to bring-up a dial-up for a cable MODEM connection? Cable MODEMS usually interface to a computer with a network adapter or USB, and a dial-up is not used (unless it is some sort of one-way cable service). What version of Windows is she running? Larry
2. RE: Outlook Express Error epster2 May-14-01 08:36 PM In response to message 1
she is not trying to bring up the dial-up connection, Outlook express is. When she cancels out the dial up connection an error occurs and it exits out of outlook express. If we cannot figure out this problem what are the files we need to save. So we can in-install and re-install outlook express so she doesnt lose the adresses she alreadt had in the program when it was working.
3. RE: Outlook Express Error lbyard May-14-01 09:14 PM In response to message 2
LAST EDITED ON May-14-01 AT 09:14 PM (GMT)
What version of Windows is she running? Larry
4. RE: Outlook Express Error Moesdeal May-15-01 12:24 PM In response to message 0
Open Outlook and go to TOOLS, then go to ACCOUNTS. In accounts you then go to the MAIL tab and go to the PROPETIES of all the mail accounts listed (individually), on the third page of the properties marked CONECTIONS set the correct connection type. Once this is set for all mail accounts then make sure she no news accounts set up that are asking for a dialer. Hope this helps!
5. RE: Outlook Express Error lbyard May-15-01 02:50 PM In response to message 4
Yes, but I do not think they can get that far without closing the dial-up and that crashes Outlook Express. That is why I asked for the Windows version, so I could tell them how turn-off the dial-up. Larry
6. RE: Outlook Express Error epster2 May-15-01 04:12 PM In response to message 5
Well what I managed to do is delete the tcp/ip driver for the dial up connection. Now when we open outlook it doesnt open the dial up connection but still has the error "MS.IMN caused and invalid page fault in WININET.DLL", followed by a bunch of code. And outlook express then shuts down. Ill get the windows ver for you if you still need it. I have to caller her up.
7. RE: Outlook Express Error lbyard May-15-01 06:23 PM In response to message 6
8. RE: Outlook Express Error Moesdeal May-15-01 10:05 PM In response to message 0
Go to Internet Explorer, go to HELP and in help go to about IE. If you have version 5.0 or lower then I would go to http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.htm and download 5.5 this will update your IE and you Outlook express. No files will need to be sved it will do so automatically.